Choosing Outfits For A Perfectly Styled Senior Portrait Session
When the most exciting part of your senior year of high school is finally here, your senior portrait session, deciding which outfits to wear can be so hard! At planning consults with my clients, this topic is one we spend a lot of time discussing, because your outfits have a HUGE impact on your final images. In ten years, you don't want to look back on your senior portraits and wonder why the heck you chose to wear those outfits! By following these guidelines that I give all my seniors, your images will be sure to turn out gorgeously timeless.
- Avoid neon colors and big logos/words.
- Try to stay away from fabrics that are very prone to wrinkles or tend to cling to you in unflattering ways.
- Choose a variety of types of outfits. If you wear a cute dress for one outfit, choose a more casual outfit for your other one.
- Incorporate a variety of colors that are consistent with your every day style, so you don't end up with 4 outfits based around different shades of blue.
- Avoid too much solid black. If you do choose to wear black, be sure to break it up with other colors, patterns, and accessories.
- Choose flattering styles and fits that complement your natural shape. Boxy tops and dresses that hide your shape or make you look much bigger than you are should be avoided.
- Be sure to properly accessorize each outfit, but don't go overboard. Cute hats, scarves, necklaces, bracelets, and rings will add a finishing touch to your outfits.
- Don't be afraid of patterns! Cute patterns that aren't overwhelming photograph beautifully and will add a unique flair to your images.
Most importantly, choose outfit that represent your genuine style, and make you feel confident and beautiful.
Becca Mathews: Maryland Senior Portrait Photographer