Utilizing Pinterest to Grow Your Photography Business
If you aren't utilizing Pinterest for your business, you should be! My senior session images have been pinned over a million times in the past year and my business has grown because of it.
Pinterest is an amazing tool for photographers because:
1. Pinning your images drives a ton of traffic to your website
2. It greatly improves your SEO
3. It gets your work in front of your target market because most of today's high schoolers are on Pinterest
4. It can help grow the social media page of your choosing despite all the crazy Facebook and Instagram algorithm changes
Strategies you can start using to grow your business today:
1. Add the website coding provided by Pinterest to allow your images to be pinned straight from your website by anyone viewing your site.
2. Create a Business Pinterest account to have analytics
3. Pin as many of your individual images from your site as you can.
4. If you blog your sessions, pin every single image you blog!
5. As you pin, in your captions cram as many keywords as possible in there, such as any terms associated with the image or any terms your target client will be searching for. This is how your pins will show up in Pinterest searches and get seen.
6. Use a collage maker to create a Pinterest friendly collage of images for each session. These collages always end up being the most pinned and get the most attention. I use this free collage maker that has a specific pinterest layout available: https://www.befunky.com/create/collage/
7. Instead of linking the collage pins to your website like individual images, link them to the social media platform you want to grow!
Becca Mathews: Maryland Senior Portrait, Equine, and Couples Photographer